Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Third Egg's a charm, but so were the first two!

My poem, "Minnesota Stars," was the featured egg this week on Eggpoetry.com! It's the third time Shayne Terry and the others there have selected one of my poems for this honor, and I'm totally flattered. A lot of thank you's to them, again.

(Here's a link to check it out: http://blog.eggpoetry.com/minnesota-stars_david_colodney/)

If you're not familiar with the Egg concept, it's a unique one. If you subscribe to Egg, you'll get one poem a week, by email, and you get to kind of sit with it for a while, get to know it. At the end of the week, it's gets posted on the site itself under "eggs past."

They always say - who are they? Not sure, but you know who they are - that the "third time's a charm," but the first two were as well. I'll never forget getting the email from Shayne nine months ago, in February of this year, letting me know that "Spanish River Skies" was selected as an Egg. I was at a get together at a friend's house, and everyone there got to share in my excitement. I mean, as writers, rejection is part of the deal. So having something accepted for publication is pretty cool. In fact, as bad as rejection is, you sort of just accept it as part of the gig and get used to it. But getting something accepted is such a great feeling. I can't imagine getting tired of reading the acceptance email.

(Here's a link to "No Fall to Speak Of, the June 4, 2013 Egg: http://blog.eggpoetry.com/no-fall-to-speak-of_david_colodney/, and, of course, "Spanish River Skies," the first of my poems to appear in public, the February 5, 2013 Egg: http://blog.eggpoetry.com/spanish-river-skies_david_colodney/)

No comments:

Post a Comment